Tune in for the latest about quilt events, Sweet Treasures, and other fun stuff. I truly hope this will be an interactive blog where we can share many thoughts and ideas. Have a blessed day ~ Terri

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Weekend Quilting and Shopping!

I hope your week is off to a great start!!  How was your weekend?  I had a fun weekend away.  I headed north to Washington where I visited a few quilt shops, spent an evening with my Bellevue kids and grandbaby and then spent the rest of my time at a Quilt Retreat.  (more on the retreat in another post).

I want to share my visit to Carriage Country Quilts with you.  Even on a gray rainy day in January, Carriage Country Quilts puts a smile on your face.  The shop is located in a cute, yellow, 1937 bungalow in  Des Moines, Washington.



Where is Des Moines, Washington you say ~ it is between Tacoma and Seattle, about 10 minutes west of I-5.  Definately worth the trip!

Carriage Country quilts is filled to the brim with inspiration.  They carry alot of wool and embroidery projects.  (I wish I had time for!)  Along with many different types of fabric.  The rooms in the bungalow feature different styles ~ reproduction, kids, pastels ... with a nice selection of each.  They do lean more toward the primitive/country look but have much to offer in other styles.  I'll let you tour through the pictures below.  Wish you could have been with me.  It was great fun!  Be sure and stop when you're flying by on I-5.



Owner ~ Debbie Elhard and Daughter, Emily






I enjoyed a great visit with Susan, one of the employees who designs stitchery and wool patterns.  Aren't the birdies adorable!!









Thanks for visiting today!  Don't forget to enter the contest (see January 8 post) !!

Blessings ~ Terri

Labels: