Tune in for the latest about quilt events, Sweet Treasures, and other fun stuff. I truly hope this will be an interactive blog where we can share many thoughts and ideas. Have a blessed day ~ Terri

Monday, February 1, 2010

Quilt Retreat

As I mentioned in a previous post I attended a quilt retreat a couple weekends ago.  What a treat that was!  It's so great to get away with others who also love quilting.  My friend Judy Logsdon, won the grand prize from the Washington State Shop Hop last summer.  The prize was a retreat for herself and 10 friends at The Wild Rose Quilt Shop and Retreat in Orting Washington.  What a great prize!  And thanks Judy for inviting me.  I LOVED it!

OK~so I'm new to this blogging stuff.  HUGE note to self~ALWAYS have a charged camera battery.  I have pictures to share from the retreat but not all that I wanted to have.  Here's a little sampling of our retreat.  Be sure and read to the bottom of this post for a new gadget I LOVE!



~Judy/Vana, our hostess and a couple of her projects.


         

 ~Charming bedrooms



 ~ Ann my roomie in the adorable apron she made.



~Great workspace


The retreat center also had a nice, well equipt kitchen.  This place was designed by a quilter for quilters.  I was amazed at all the little details.  Anything you could need for your stay was there.  I would definately love to come back for another retreat.

I'm not a gadget girl.  So many times gadgets just aren't worth the cost and I hate spending money on a gadget that I don't end up likeing!  I'd much rather spend my money on FABRIC!  Diane had this wonderful gadget she made that was such a great idea.  LOOK ~


A chunk of 2 x 4 with a seam ripper placed in a drilled hole!  Oh my gosh this saved me so much time!  I had hundreds of little pieces I was chain pieceing.  I used this to cut all the little connecting threads and VOILA' all the pieces were separated and off I went to the next step.  You can put the cap on the ripper so you don't injure yourself.  Is this not a great idea?  Have you seen this before?  Boy I sure hadn't.  I think everybody needs one of these. What a time saver.  Thanks Diane!

If you haven't treated yourself to time away with friends or time doing something you love, make the effort, take the time.  It does a heart good and you'll be better (and those around you) for doing it.

Thanks for visiting.
Blessings~Terri



Labels: ,