Tune in for the latest about quilt events, Sweet Treasures, and other fun stuff. I truly hope this will be an interactive blog where we can share many thoughts and ideas. Have a blessed day ~ Terri

Friday, May 13, 2011

Day 3 in Salt Lake City

Opening Day!  We had a great day visiting with shop owners, giving them ideas and sharing stories.  Quilters are fabulous people.  Those we visited with seemed to like our new patterns and that always makes me feel good.

Here’s a couple shots of the show floor from above.  This will give you a little idea of the magnitude of this show!

floor

floor 2

I didn’t get out of our booth much today but here’s a few shots of some pretty impressive booths we saw on our way out this evening.

First up Jillily Studios.  She’s from Utah which definitely makes it easier to go ALL OUT.  You don’t have to ship everything. So Adorable!  She has a new fabric line out so she got really creative displaying the different prints in her “Soda Shop”.

 

jillily

cones

IMG_6336

http://jillilystudio.com/

 

Next is Patchwork with Busy fingers from Australia.  What a lovely booth and I adore their projects!  Their specialty is English Paper Piecing.  I love their look.  Wish I liked to sit still long enough to hand piece like that.  I did see a little project I liked so much I might just give it a try!  (I’ll try and get a pic). 

pp 4

pp 3

pp 1 http://www.busyfingerspatchwork.com/

 

The fabric companies always do beautiful/fun displays for their customers to enjoy.  Here’s Art Gallery’s booth.

Art Gallery Fabrics 

Here’s a Maywood Studios display that I especially liked!  :-)

 

maywood snow display

The two quilts hanging at angles on each side of the display are new patterns of mine.  I love the little pieced cabin quilt that’s down low on the left.  Soooo cute! 

This is a new line from Maywood Studio’s called “Fresh Fallen Snow”.  It’s supposed to hit stores June or July.  Here at Sweet Treasures we will be doing up kits in some of our new patterns in this snowy fabric!

topper

The little hexagon “Centerpiece Tablemat” is also a new pattern of mine.

That’s as far as I got today.  Hope you enjoyed a little peek!

Thanks for visiting ~ Terri

Labels: