Tune in for the latest about quilt events, Sweet Treasures, and other fun stuff. I truly hope this will be an interactive blog where we can share many thoughts and ideas. Have a blessed day ~ Terri

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Hawaiian Vacation

Wow!  Can't believe it's been a month since I've blogged!  Sorry to be away so long.

This month my kids and I took a vacation I've always wanted to take.  We cruised the Hawaiian Islands for my birthday.  This was truly a vacation of a lifetime.  I announced about a year ago that I really wanted to take this vacation together for the BIG birthday (30 of course).  I'm so thankful that schedules and life allowed everyone to come!  My sister, brother in law and nephew came to. 

I love to take pictures!  Here's some of my favorites~  Oh, and you'll get to meet the kids if you haven't yet! 

Hawaii Kids - Copy

Meet the kids ~ left to right ~ my oldest, Ryan with his wife Bethany and their baby (my first grandbaby) Sam ~ daughter and middle child, Bethany (yep we have 2 Bethany's) with her husband Jeff ~ and last but not least, my youngest, Jason.

 

P1000128

My sister Brenda with hubby Dennis and son Steve.  I was so happy they could come.  I love vacationing with my sister!  They took the bike trip down Haleakala.  They had a blast.  This was Steve's favorite thing on the trip.

P1000003

We began our trip in Honolulu.  We stayed a couple nights on Waikiki Beach at the Hilton Hawaiian Village.  Beautiful place!  I love Waikiki beach.  Yes it's busy but it's so tropical and beautiful.  Fun place to be.

 

P1000082

One evening there were fireworks on the beach at our village.  It was amazing!  We were so close.  This is a shot from my sisters balcony.

IMG_5098

Ryan and Sam having fun on the beach!

 

IMG_5107

So that's what the Sand Man looks like!

IMG_5091

Cutest little Beach Bum I've ever seen!

IMG_5110

Naps were a challenge but Bethany tried to sneak them in wherever she could.

IMG_5118

Just woke up from one of those naps.  He was on a beach in Kona conked out in his stroller.

 IMG_2843

Bethany and Jeff on a Kayaking trip in Kaui.  Mommy Bethany and I were also along on the trip.  Lots of fun and beautiful waterfalls on our hike after Kayaking.

IMG_2848 

IMG_2850

 

IMG_5179

Lots of fun card games while at sea.

IMG_5032

Bethany and Jeff on the beach.

 IMG_5049

Brenda and Dennis on the Beach.  Dennis is an avid Skim boarder and LOVED the beaches and water! That's where you could find him most of the time.

  P1000156

I know this isn't a great picture but this is Lava flowing into the ocean at night (obviously).  It was so incredible to watch the Lava flowing into the ocean.  The only way to see this is by water.

IMG_5190

We also cruised along the Na Pali coastline one afternoon.  It was a little foggy but beautiful anyway.

IMG_5192

 

P1000332

Got to get a couple cute faces in the pictures!

 

IMG_5195

 

Sam playing with bucket

Sam was his happiest digging in the sand!

P1000293

If I were a lighthouse I'd want to be this one!  Not fancy but living in Hawaii.

 

OK, so when you look back at photo's of an occasion or vacation is there ever anyone missing!  As I've been posting I realize there are hardly any pictures of Jason.  This is a common issue with this boy.  He avoids the camera.  If he can't avoid it then he must be goofy or just outright (in my opinion) wreck the picture.  He also had a torn rotator cuff while on vacation so that meant he didn't do as much either. 

Soooo here's two pictures that include Jason so you can get the picture.  (Pardon the pun).

 

IMG_2822

In the airport ~ See what I mean!

IMG_2828 Gotta love that boy!

Thanks for taking this "vacation tour" with me.  We had a blast and I highly recommend cruising the Hawaiian Islands.

 

Aloha ~ Terri

Labels: , ,