Tune in for the latest about quilt events, Sweet Treasures, and other fun stuff. I truly hope this will be an interactive blog where we can share many thoughts and ideas. Have a blessed day ~ Terri

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Quilting at Last!!

So, for someone who’s a quilt designer, teacher and all around lover of quilts there sure hasn’t been much “quilty stuff” on this blog! 

It was a CRAZY busy summer and start to fall but I finally got to make a quilt this past week.  It felt so good!  I haven’t made a quilt since last spring – the crunch before market (and I made many)!

I made a quilt for Maywood Studio’s booth at fall market.  Between Gail Fountian (from Maywood) Loretta Orsborn (Orsborn Precision Quilting) and I, we cranked out the quilt in a little over a week.

Gail provided the fabric, I pieced the quilt, and Loretta quilted and bound it.  Wheewsh! This was a fast and furious project as the fabric didn’t come in until about a week before it needed to be finished. 

I used my Cottage Stars pattern and the fabric is Memories of Love by Maywood Studios.  A brand new line being introduced at market.  It should be available in quilt shops in December sometime. 

Loretta, who does all my quilting these days did a fabulous job on this quilt!  She had done one for me for spring market and it turned out so great she quilted this one in the same patterns.

You get one of the first peaks!   Enjoy!

 

Cottage_Stars_2

 

Cottage_Stars

 

Cottage_Stars_close_up

Remember ~ you can click on blog pictures for a closer look.

Cottage Stars will be a class offered in the Studio at the beginning of the year.

Blessings ~ Terri

Labels: , ,