Tune in for the latest about quilt events, Sweet Treasures, and other fun stuff. I truly hope this will be an interactive blog where we can share many thoughts and ideas. Have a blessed day ~ Terri

Sunday, November 13, 2011

FABULOUS Homespun & Holly Event!

Sorry for the absence for the last couple months.  I’m back and am committed to make this social media thing a much higher priority.  It’s a challenge for me but I love reading others blogs so I need to keep up myself.  I’ll catch you up in the next few days but I want to share with you what I did this weekend.

Saturday I had the privilege of teaching at the third annual Homespun and Holly event at Hollyhill Quilt Shoppe.  This was my third year and it just keeps getting better and better!  Jan and Brian Hill, the Mother ~ Son team that IS Hollyhill do everything BIG and it’s awesome!

I’m going to give you a little tour of the evening through pictures~

Door and Tree

We were welcomed by a beautiful tree and “Door quilt”.

DSC_3674

Beautiful name tags~

truffles

and truffles.  We’re off to a great start!

DSC_3698

Jan and Brian welcomed everyone and had left a gift at each persons place at the tables.  They told them to open and you should have heard the response!!  When the packages were opened the participants found a jelly roll in their boxes!  What a wonderful gift.

table shot

I walked around the room taking in the amazing set up for the event.  Four designers were teaching and each had their own station to teach at.

Here’s the designers, their stations and the project they taught.

Debbie Busby of Wooden Spool Designs.

Debbie working

Debbie is standing at the end of the table helping a student.

 

Wooden Spool section

mini tree skirt

A mini tree skirt made of wool was Debbie's project.  It’s oh so cute!  Using some hand dyed wools by Debbie made it extra special.

 

mini tree close up

Debbie's blog

 

Next ~ introducing Anne Sutton of Bunny Hill Designs.

Bunny Hill section

Ann working

Anne is sitting at the end of the table in the red sweater with her chin on her hand.

 

Snowman quilt

One of Anne’s lovely appliqué quilts.  I love snowmen!

 

snowman pillow

This sweet wool snowman pillow was Anne’s project.

Anne's blog

 

Next is Karla Eisenach of Sweetwater.

Karla working

Karla is standing in the gray sweater.

 

Sweetwater section

sweetwater corner

mini bags

These fun little bags were Karla’s project.  At Sweetwater the make the greatest labels.  They were a fun adornment on the bags.

The Sweetwater blog.

 

Last but not least.  the Sweet Treasures station …. mine.

Sweet Treasures section

bed corner

DSC_3685

My project was a little framed christmas tree with burlap backing and a little bling.  Fun and fast!

tree close up

working hard

Joyce with wreath

These ruffled strips can be turned into other shapes.  Joyce make a wreath with her kit.  Soooo cute!

 

wreath close up

 Another students wreath.

 

DSC_3684

 

What a GREAT event.  If you ever have the opportunity to join us at Homespun and Holly, do it!  You’ll love it.  Plans are already beginning for next year……..

I’ll be posting free instructions for my project later in the week.  It’s a great project for decorating with or gift giving.

 

Thanks for visiting!!

Blessings ~ Terri

Labels: ,